Don't smell like you're trying to get liquidity. That's not very attractive. Pursue your core business, grow smartly, and others (VCs or potential acquirers) will see what an integral part your business could play that will benefit them, and that's where you will find yourself - cutting the deals.Arun Natarajan is the Editor of TSJ Media, which tracks venture capital activity in India and Indian-founded companies worldwide. View sample issues of TSJ Media's Venture Intelligence India newsletters and reports.
- Michael Markson, VP, Business Development, Topix.net in IBD Network
While I knew the one line description "Vinod Khosla was the founding CEO of Sun Microsystems and was earlier part of the founding team at Daisy Systems", I hadn't come across a more detailed version of Khosla's pre-KPCB exploits before Joe Kraus talked about it on his blog .
Here are some extracts from the Harvard Business School case study (by Dr. Amir Bhide) that I found interesting:
How a Stanford secretary "linked up" SUN's co-founders:
I'm probably more of a conceptual engineer, and I can draw block diagrams for almost anything I can think of, but I can almost never implement them. So I started looking for someone who had done this kind of stuff before. I heard of a project at Stanford called the Stanford University Network, or Sun.workstation project. I called the computer science department, and some secretary who did not want to bother a professor gave me the uame of a graduate student from Germany, Andy Bechtolsheim.
Apparently,...