To start with Mumbai- & Pune-based entrepreneurs
An entrepreneur’s journey is always an exciting one. But it can often be along a testing and lonely path. Harsh Mariwala has steered Marico to grow in sales from Rs. 40 lac in 1971 to Rs. 4,000 crore today. He understands the challenges one faces while growing an enterprise. And that is why he has launched a new idea- ASCENT- Accelerating the SCaling up of ENTerprises. Ascent seeks to identify entrepreneurs with potential and enable them in their growth journey.Ascent is a non-profit entity expression of Harsh Mariwala's personal social responsibility towards entrepreneurs. Harsh Mariwala bears all expenses for ASCENT personally.
ASCENT offers a unique and powerful ‘self-help” platform through the formation of TRUST GROUPS of 10 Entrepreneurs each. Each Trust Group will comprise non-competitive, diverse groups of entrepreneurs. We aim to start with 10 TRUST groups in Mumbai and Pune, and over the next few years scale up ASCENT to a much larger size pan-India.
The interaction in the Trust Groups has been designed to provide value to entrepreneurs, using the power of learning in a Group, specifically through the following:
· Facilitation – ASCENT will provide experts who will play a value adding role as Initiators and Trainers for the Group in its first few months and set it up for success.
· Group Moderation - ASCENT will select Moderators from within the group and train them in facilitation, so that the Group can run successfully on its own.
· Insights - ASCENT Knowledge Partners - inspiring role Models and domain experts - will add specific insights and value to each group through their sessions.
· Eco-system - ASCENT will provide access to growth enablers - Consultants, Investors, VCs, banks, Mentors, Coaches-in collaboration with various Service Providers.Ascent is currently in the process of selecting entrepreneurs for Ascent Trust Groups. The eligibility criteria are as under.
· Minimum Annual turnover - Rs. 2.50 cr (and above) for a Products/Manufacturing business, & Rs. 50 lacs (and above) for a Services business
· Growth Potential - Business must have demonstrated high potential for growth
· Ambition- the Entrepreneur must be ambitious and innovative.
· Belief in the power of learning and Sharing - The Entrepreneur must be eager to learn, share, collaborate and innovate along with fellow- ASCENT members
Application forms are available online on www.ascentfoundation.in.
You can join us and support this growth movement through the following:
· Spot entrepreneurs and recommend Ascent to them. If you have access to an existing network of entrepreneurs, connect them to ASCENT.
· Spread the word around about Ascent. Help us increase the outreach so that we can help more and more entrepreneurs grow.
· Suggest Knowledge Partners and Service Provides for Ascent. Share any thoughts / ideas that can contribute to Ascent.
Interested Entrepreneurs, can APPLY online on
For any clarifications, please contact:
+91 98215 70230