The older I get the more I realize that business is about three very basic things:
You have those things it really doesn’t matter what the idea is… you can change your ideas all day long, in fact evolving is what you’re supposed to do in business. However, you can’t substitute hustle, passion, or resiliency.
Aside: I absolutely agree on Passion and Resiliency. But, I didn't fully understand what Jason meant by "Hustle" and hence bunged it into Dictionary.com to get the following results:
1. To jostle and push.
2. To work or move energetically and rapidly: We hustled to get dinner ready on time.
3. To act aggressively, especially in business dealings.
1. To obtain something by deceitful or illicit means; practice theft or swindling.
2. To solicit customers. Used of a pimp or prostitute.
3. To misrepresent one's ability in order to deceive someone, especially in gambling.
I assume Jason did not mean the slang stuff, right?
Arun Natarajan is the Editor of TSJ Media, which tracks venture capital activity in India and Indian-founded companies worldwide. View sample issues of TSJ Media's Venture Intelligence India newsletters and reports.